Quality Management System
What you’ll learn
– Understand ALL the requirements of ISO 9001:2015
– Audit a Quality Management System as per ISO 9001:2015
– Implement a QMS according to ISO 9001:2015
– Plan, perform and report QMS Audits
– Master the world’s no. 1 management system standard
– No previous knowledge is required.
– Familiarity with QMS and ISO 9001 previous version is helpful
My course explains in “plain English” all the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 discussing the intent of each sub-clause of the standard, offering solutions that can be used for the implementation of a quality management system along with examples and, of course, offering guidance on how to audit a quality management system – be it internal or external audit.
After going through all the lessons in my course you will have a perfect understanding of ALL the requirements of ISO 9001:2015, will be able to implement a Quality Management System or to make an audit for a quality management system.
My course has a structure that includes 3 parts:
1– the first part is an introduction – it speaks about the ISO 9000 family, a short history of the quality management and two concepts from ISO 9001 that I find to be the most relevant – process approach and risk based thinking;
2– the second part of the course is a detailed explanation of all requirements of ISO 9001:2015 – it follows the structure of the standard so we will be discussing about the: context of the organization, leadership, planning, support, operation, performance evaluation and improvement
3– the third and last part of my course is about management system auditing in general – it speaks about the principles and types of management system audits, concepts like audit scope and criteria, audit teams, audit objectives, non-conformity, audit plans and reports.
All the key requirements of ISO 9001:2015 are being explained like: context of the organization; risks and opportunities; QMS scope; quality policy and objectives; infrastructure; competence; awareness; measuring and monitoring resources; documented information; design and development; customer communication; reviewing customer requirements; property belonging to customers or external providers; preservation; control of externally provided processes, products and services; identification and traceability; post-delivery; release of products and services; nonconforming outputs; customer satisfaction; internal audit; nonconformity and corrective action or management review.
The course DOES NOT ONLY READ THE REQUIREMENTS OF ISO 9001:2015 but it speaks about the intent of each requirement, gives examples and solutions for the implementation. It is a great tool for auditing or implementing a Quality Management System.
If you are working with ISO 9001 in your day-to-day business or you want to know about quality management and take advantage of the opportunities in this sector – this course is the full package that you need.
You will get from here condensed information (in almost 4 hours you get all the key information that you would obtain from classical training in 5 days), you learn in your own time and you can get back to the information whenever you need it.
Who this course is for:
Consultants for management systems
People involved with quality management in their companies
Professionals looking to transit from ISO 9001:2008 to ISO 9001:2015
COURSE FILES :
BACK TO HOME PAGE :
- qms-01-01. Introduction
- qms-01-02A few words about ISO 9001
- qms-01-03. The ISO 9000 family
- qms-01-04. Process approach
- qms-01-05. Risk based thinking
- qms-01-06 organization and context
- qms-01-07. expectations of interested parties
- qms-01-08.the scope of management system
- qms-01-09. Q.M.S. and its processes
- qms-04-01. Resources
- qms-04-02. People
- qms-04-03. Infrastructure
- qms-04-04. Environment for the operation of processes
- qms-04-05. Monitoring and measuring resources
- qms-04-06. Organizational knowledge
- qms-04-07. Competence
- qms-04-08. Awareness
- qms-04-09. Communication
- qms-04-010. Documented information
- qms-05-001. Operational planning and control
- qms-05-002. Customer communication
- qms-05-003.the requirements for products and services
- qms-05-004. the requirements for products and services
- qms-05-005. Design of products and services
- qms-05-006. Design and development planning
- qms-05-007. Design and development inputs
- qms-05-008. Design and development controls
- qms-05-009. Design and development outputs
- qms-05-010. Design and development changes
- qms-05-012. Control of production and service provision
- qms-05-013. Identification and traceability
- qms-05-014. Property to customers or external providers
- qms-05-015. Preservation
- qms-05-016. Post-delivery activities
- qms-05-017. Control of changes
- qms-05-018. Release of products and services
- qms-05-019. Control of nonconforming outputs